A Miracle!

Keith Henderson khenders64 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Apr 3 02:49:46 EDT 2007

Mike wrote...

    >Amazingly, for the fist time since 2001 we got Glastonbury tickets.
>Looks like we'll be out of Hawkfest and into Glasters.

  It's the following weekend, you know.  Or do you mean you just can't swing two weekends in a row away from work?

  Too bad.

  >Anyone else going?

  Well, I've never been (so no), but I doubt seriously if I would ever buy tickets to go to a festival when I read this:

  No announcement about the line up will be made by the Festival before tickets go on sale. The Festival will announce the lineup of all the main stages at the beginning of June.

  That's kind of horseshit, isn't it?  Is there something about Glasters that is just so totally awesome that even if the music is all crap, it's still the time of one's life?  Is it more a Burning Man kinda thing then?  (Not that I've ever been to that either.)  I don't know, I would always choose what festivals to go to based on the music lineup offered.  The nature of the site, surrounding "scene," and organization might well put me off going (if something was really disturbing, or "Hea-vyyyy" in the manner of the Young Ones' Neil), but it (I mean, the opposite) would never be the basis *for* going (if the music were only so-so).

  Just my 0.02...still going to Hawkfest no matter.  :)  We'll miss your technicolour dreamcoat, fofp.

  Grakkl

  P.S.  What happened with NearFest?  Anybody get/not get tix?

  P.P.S.  RSI = CTS?