HW: Do Not Panic documentary

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Apr 3 05:56:14 EDT 2007

Stephen Swann writes:

> You know, I see this Turner that you describe showing up on
> videos and such, but when my wife and I saw him some years
> ago touring in the States, he was downright gentlemanly -
> gracious, even.  At the end, he bowed and thanked the
> audience for attending and all!  It was the second time my
> wife had seen him, and she loved both shows that she's seen.
> Adn the guys backing him (on that tour at least) were
> anything but pub comedians...

That he can be a polite and courteous guy is undoubted. That when he
gets into Hawkwind, he sooner or later seems to want to tweak Dave's
nose and then really drive him mad is also very apparent. He's always
been the agent of his own misfortune in that regard. Quite what drives
it all, I have no idea.

FoFP