HW: Do Not Panic documentary

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Tue Apr 3 08:01:14 EDT 2007

On 03/04/2007 10:56, M Holmes wrote:
> Stephen Swann writes:
>> You know, I see this Turner that you describe showing up on
>> videos and such, but when my wife and I saw him some years
>> ago touring in the States, he was downright gentlemanly -
>> gracious, even.

Yeah, that matches my occasional experience of Nik In Person.  Though he
can clearly be a bit of a nutter, too.  There's no separation in the
persona -- it just appears that way to us! ;)

> That he can be a polite and courteous guy is undoubted. That when he
> gets into Hawkwind, he sooner or later seems to want to tweak Dave's
> nose and then really drive him mad is also very apparent. He's always
> been the agent of his own misfortune in that regard. Quite what drives
> it all, I have no idea.

Ah, all these artistic temperaments!  I have the feeling that one
needn't necessarily pull too hard in order to yank the Captain's chain
-- and Nik has all the qualities he needs to be a consummate
chain-yanker! ;)

Cheers,
Carl

--