HW: Hawkfest 2007 info

Hawkwind management at HAWKWIND.COM
Thu Apr 12 15:53:03 EDT 2007

Hello Folks!

By popular request, we are staging another Hawkfest this year. It will be run along the same principles of past Hawkfests i.e. family friendly with lots of things to keep the kids occupied while the parents relax and listen to music of all genres.....We hope to provide something for everyone.

As well as the music, we have a children's area with rides, workshops (a jazz workshop run by Ken Colyer's Legacy New Orleans Jazz band, hopefully forming a band of children to play on the stage with the Ken Colyer legacy band later in the day, a drum workshop, a rock music workshop, circus skills workshop etc etc), interesting stalls, fairies and plenty of food and drink outlets..(We will be keeping bar prices down to normal bar prices and will offer a wide range of real ales, beers, lagers, organic wines, organic juices, fizzy drinks and cocktails)

The festival has a campsite with full facilities, showers, toilets and a limited amount of electric hook-ups (please request electric when booking).

Dogs are welcome, but they must be well behaved and bring responsible owners :-). They will be allowed on the campsite, but not in the Big Top or in hotel buildings.

There will be a general store on site, selling practical items and camping necessities..

Music will begin at around 12pm everyday (except Friday where it will begin around 2pm) and run through to midnight on the main stage and later on the inside stages.

On Sunday afternoon, there will be a very special wedding followed by a masqued ball in the evening........we ask any of you who would like to help us celebrate, to get into the spirit and bring clothes to dress up in!

Hawkwind will play on Saturday night, but the Technicians of Spaceship Hawkwind will play on Sunday night, so expect a few surprises and guest appearances for that one :-)

The musical line up is coming together nicely, a good selection from space rock, to rock, to dance, to punk, to jazz, jive and blues!.....we think we have most areas covered..

Tickets are being printed at the moment and will be sent out soon...

Hawkfest 2007 tickets available from www.hawkfest.com

More news will be posted here when it is available.

TTFN

The Hawkfest Team