HW: News from the Hawkwind camp!

Fri Apr 13 04:51:59 EDT 2007

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 02:26:06PM +0000, Amphetamine Embalmer typed out:
> Those are also my 3 favorite tracks off Captured Rotation! Rousing stuff.....
>
> Must be that Ron Tree got the vocals on the best songs......

	Those are the only three with vocals, of course, save
`Thunderbird's rather strange echoey noises. Perhaps Alan asked Ron to
put words to the three best pieces...

> Speaking of Tree, I've been listening to the Bajina disc alot recently
> and its really good, didn't like it much first time I heard it but now
> I've actually discovered there were actual *songs* on it, not just a
> bunch of industrial noises (though that stuff has its charm too...)

	I have to give that another listen. Mike Coleman's review of it
had me quite excited (yes, that was a long time ago) and when I finally
got it it wasn't quite what I'd expected. The industrial noises and the
songs could have used being integrated a bit more, but for a scratch
band it's a prety good set. Mainly I wish that Ron hadn't gone on about
how `mad' they all were so much, as his playing doesn't live up to the
spirit of chaos he seemed to be trying to invoke... Yours,
							   Jon
--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk