HW: News from the Hawkwind camp!

Amphetamine Embalmer superskrull666 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Fri Apr 13 17:29:24 EDT 2007

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 02:26:06PM +0000, Amphetamine Embalmer typed out:
> Those are also my 3 favorite tracks off Captured Rotation! Rousing stuff.....
>
> Must be that Ron Tree got the vocals on the best songs......

`Thunderbird's rather strange echoey noises. Perhaps Alan asked Ron to
put words to the three best pieces...

Thats what I meant :)

> Speaking of Tree, I've been listening to the Bajina disc alot recently
> and its really good, didn't like it much first time I heard it but now
> I've actually discovered there were actual *songs* on it, not just a
> bunch of industrial noises (though that stuff has its charm too...)

had me quite excited (yes, that was a long time ago) and when I finally
got it it wasn't quite what I'd expected. The industrial noises and the
songs could have used being integrated a bit more, but for a scratch
band it's a prety good set. Mainly I wish that Ron hadn't gone on about
how `mad' they all were so much, as his playing doesn't live up to the
spirit of chaos he seemed to be trying to invoke... Yours,
                               Jon

Yes, Mike Coleman was the one who gave it a rave review...... took me years to find Judge Trev's mailorder source though.

christian

NP: First Band From Outer Space - "We're Only In It For The Spacerock"