OFF: Oresund Space Collective

Amphetamine Embalmer superskrull666 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Fri Apr 13 17:40:52 EDT 2007

<snip>

Carl wrote:
> [...]
raging ones and they're very scary, but still, I've got a lot of Dead :)
and I don't seen _that_ much similarity barring the obvious "it's improv
  over a set of chord changes or sometimes no chord changes" -- but we
could make the same observation about Coltrane, and I'm not sure the OSC
immediate sounds that much like Coltrane _per se_.  The OSC have a much
denser, and effected (and synth-heavy) sound than the Dead ever had, and
don't have anything like the amount of country-blues in them
(unsurprisingly :) to recall the Dead.

thats what I thought too - way too much synth progressions/sequencing but as far as the jamming goes, more like GD than HW if you ask me, not the heavy "bang bang slam" guitar of HW but more of the "twinklyness" of GD guitars :-)

Christian