OFF: Litmus in Hitchin

Colin Allen colinjallen at YAHOO.CO.UK
Wed Apr 18 04:24:11 EDT 2007

Under the sign is well over 10 minutes and, yes, there is a long,long track on the new album:).  In total, the CD runs to about 76 minutes.

  The album is out on April 30th and is already available for pre-order online with HMV, Amazon etc.

  Colin

Jonathan Jarrett <jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK> wrote:
  On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 02:31:05PM +0100, Colin Allen typed out:
> Assuming my usual role as filler-in of setlist gaps, the "slow almost-pastoral piece
> dominated by a two-chord organ line" was Planetfall, the title track of the new album.

Aha, thankyou. I've been trying to figure this out now, how many
new tracks I've seen since the last album came out. I make it:

Destroy the Mothership!
The Tempest
Planetfall
Under the Sign
Helios
Psychic Projection
Far Beyond
and a rather worrying prog dirge with Marek singing that as far as I
know they only did once then dropped like a stone, and wisely so

Two of those songs have to be nearly ten minutes each (`Under
the Sign' and `Far Beyond') and I can't see any except `Mothership' and
`Helios' being much less than five, and Martin told me there's one
track so far unplayed which is longer even than `Stone Oscillator'. It's
going to be a full CD... When's it coming out, Colin? when's it coming
out? Yours,
Jon

ObCD: Comets on Fire - _Blue Cathedral_
--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
(Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk