[GGCoolPeopleTalk] Slain Israeli Professor Saved Others in Va. Tech Massacre

Arjan Hulsebos arjanh at WOLFPACK.NL
Wed Apr 18 14:19:44 EDT 2007

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 13:28:35 -0400, nick wrote
> I almost wish they'd arm everyone, just so the people who think
> everybody SHOULD be armed could see what a dumb idea that would be.

Just a look at the Animal Kingdom is enough for that. Animals that can kill
one another with a single bite/sting/whack are usually very careful _not_ to
kill each other when battling over turf/MOTOS/etc. The story then goes that
mankind's aggression level is still as it was when we had nothing more than
our bare hands to do battle with.

> "No, we'd only arm law-abiding citizens".  Yeah, like the Virginia
> Tech gunman was. . . before he killed 32 people.

As I once read: "hindsight is an exact science".

On the other hand, although this is a very tragic case, the number of people
killed by arms pales into insignificance when compared to the number of people
killed by our modern-day traffic....

Gr,

Arjan H