OFF (mostly) : slain

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Thu Apr 19 07:43:17 EDT 2007

Ted Jackson writes:

> In the US, the leading cause of death for young African-American males
> is murder!

True, but that has more to do with fights over the legal premium on
drugs under Prohibition II than it has to do with anything else.

Sadly, I've noted that the numbers of such incidents involving drugs,
black gangs and shooting/knifing murders seem to be steadily growing in
the UK.  I see scant hope though that anyone will change anything before
we catch up with the US in that particular slow-motion tragedy.

To bring it back to at least slightly on-topic: Rap Music seems to be
the favourite scapegoat for activists and politicians to avoid
considering whether our prohibitions on drugs and guns might be the real
reason for such incidents.

FoFP