[GGCoolPeopleTalk] Slain Israeli Professor Saved Others in Va. Tech Massacre

nick at THECOMPLETESHEET.COM nick at THECOMPLETESHEET.COM
Fri Apr 20 10:51:11 EDT 2007

I do stand corrected about this latest nutcase.  He had some psychological problems I wasn't aware of when I made my original post.

But by the same token, he was deemed to be not a threat to anyone else.

And you'd never get away with denying the Second Amendment rights of anyone who's been clinically deemed not dangerous.  Lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit.

The unscientific basis for my position is the fact that you just never see stories with the headline "armed man stops crime".

I remember an episode of "All in the Family" where Archie got to do an opinion piece on the evening news.  His solution to airline hijackings was to "arm all the passengers".

It was supposed to be a joke, obviously, but there are still people who think that way.

--Nick