HW: HWCA set and comp CDRs to offer

Keith Henderson khenders64 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Apr 20 18:12:16 EDT 2007

Hey Folks...

  I'm still going through my "stuff" and trying to liquidate as much of it as I can before I head across the pond again in June.

  I seem to have a spare set of the four CDRs that I compiled (with some help from fellow boc-lers) as a continuation of the original four Hawkwind Covers All tapes of various Hawkwind cover versions.  I'm not sure what/who this set was originally for, but I'll offer them to whomever didn't already get a set during the original tree offer or otherwise.  First come, first serve.

  BTW, graphics for self-service booklet/tray card-printing still available here:

  I also have a self-made 2CDR chronological compilation of Hawkwind songs from the whole history of the band, well from 1970-to-2001 at least.  It's kind of like the 25 Years On 4-CD set, only half as long, and my particular choices.  These I made for someone (here?) that was a BOC-fan or something, and wanted to know about the other half, maybe.  I forget exactly.

  But anyway, I made these originals ("masters") and then burned a second set from these originals, because then I could do a "burn at once" that would take out all the 2-second gaps between the tracks, and that greatly improved the "A&B/tGV" transition, needless to say (there was still a gap, though it was only about 1/10 of a second instead).  So these ones have that gap, which is annoying just in that one spot, but what can one do?

  Also, there is a third disc that I made on a lark, called "Equal Time," that is IMHO the absolute WORST of Hawkwind (you know, crap like Phone Home Elliot, or what have you), although I'm sure some folx here would claim to like some of these tracks.  :)  I guess I did this to warn a "newbie" about how easily it is to go out and naively buy crappy HW discs without knowing it ahead of time.

  So, as I don't really need these three discs anymore either, I'll offer them to another boc-ler who is similarly curious though largely unaware of Hawkwind's sonic history.

  As this will obviously not be the same person as the above (those interested in the HWCA series), I will be expecting two separate claims/trade offers.  As always, I don't wish for monetary compensation, as that would violate the obvious (hopefully, as it is, I won't hear from any "bootlegging police"), so I would only hope to get a CDR or two of something interesting musically-speaking that I don't already have.

  I suppose this could be a "worldwide" offer, not limited geographically or anything, though you would get the items sans jewel boxes for sure if outside the US/Canada.

  Well, that's all I had for now.  I just wanted to put something related to HW here, as some folk here have ignored our humble moderator's friendly advice and continued to beat the dead horse of gun control politics.  (Ironically, I'll go ahead and take the bait and violate it myself, and wonder if it wouldn't help out the situation in Iraq if the US imposed a law there that every man, woman, and child were armed 24/7...if it was going to keep crazy people and criminals from indiscriminately killing unarmed innocent bystanders so effectively here/elsewhere.)

  ObCD seconded: Comets on Fire - Blue Cathedral
  ObLiveAct: Green Milk from the Planet Orange

  Grakkl