HW: YouTube video

Keith Henderson khenders64 at YAHOO.COM
Sun Apr 22 22:34:20 EDT 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqKnebYlz2E

  Hi Folks...

  For the first time really, I've gone to YouTube to look at videos "unsolicited."  I watched them from time to time, via link-embeds from various sites/blogs.  But I just did a simple search on Hawkwind, just to see what came up.

  This one did, near the top.  And I'm already confused as hell.  Maybe my brain isn't working right, but it says "Cubby Bear - Chicago 1994" and I don't think that can be right.

  They didn't tour the US in 1994, did they?  1989, 1990, 1991, 1995, "1997" (StrangeWind).  And that's Ron singing *and* playing bass (a Gibson), right?  And there's somebody else on guitar over in the distant shadows.  Perhaps Keef?

  Ron was on the 1995 tour, but didn't play bass then, only sang...Alan was still in the band.  And in 1997, he was stuck in Canada with Dave.

  I dunno...it seems to me that this is from England, sometime when Alan was off doing Beduoin fulltime, and Keef was playing backup guitar...when would that have been, 1999-2000?

  How could either *I* or *this person*, be so completely wrong?  :)  One of us clearly is.

  Grakkl

  P.S.  I should be outside, enjoying the weather.

  P.P.S.  I know they played the Cubby Bear in 1990, 'cause I was there.  But that was with Bridgett and Harvey, of course...long before Ron.  And they may have played there in '95 again (?), but Ron would only have been singing, right?