HW: finally since 88

Roy G. Ovrebo bloody.peasant at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 23 12:39:58 EDT 2007

Amphetamine Embalmer wrote [unscrambled]:

> YES! I finally got ahold of the FLICKNIFE version of "Chronicle of The Black Sword" CD (my original copy was stolen in 2001 with a bunch of other CDs at the Paris airport) - and it arrived in the post yesterday...... takes me back to 1988 to my first Hawkwind purchase, at age "sweet" 16 (I was young one!) as fresh new Hawkwind fan in 1988, my first year of High School. Of course by 1996 when I joined BOC-L I had about 80 HW CDs........
>
> It set me back about 100 USD on Amazon.com but was well worth it!!!

> ......cause it has "Arioch" on its worth the hundred bucks a pop!

Ok, what's the difference between these versions? Wikipedia says the
Griffin version shouldn't have "Arioch" on it - Amazon and my version of
reality suggest something else. Mine's from Griffin, Made in Canada,
GCDHA-0142-2, same track listing as the one offered for $94 (yikes!) at
Amazon:
http://tinyurl.com/2wo2lr

I think I bought mine at CompactHuset in Haugesund, Norway sometime
around 1998. Damn, that shop was great.

--
Roy