HW: Re-Remastering the Back Catalog

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Tue Apr 24 04:22:29 EDT 2007

On 24/04/2007 09:15, Colin Allen wrote:
> It is the first release in a remastered series from EMI.  In addition to the CDs, it also has a DVd that contains the recordings at "better" bit rates etc.  This is not a DVD video.

Well that's actually kind of cool.  I remember it was only the early 90s
when people spoke confidently that _Space Ritual_ would never get
released on CD in any form ... and now it's coming on DTS and 24-bit
stereo!?

Anyone know if the DTS is a 5.1 mix? :)  I've no way of actually playing
that at present, but then I didn't have a CD player when I bought my
first CDs, either :)

Cheers,
Carl

--