hw: New Space Ritual edition

Amphetamine Embalmer superskrull666 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Wed Apr 25 15:05:35 EDT 2007

well Space Ritual is total unlistenable grungy cr*p like all 70s Hawkwind, we don't more stupid 70s stuff remastered - time to say Hawkwind moved on to the 80s and 90s with Ron Tree etc. just like i did....... hairies stuck in the 70s is like a disease.... liken 50 year old men w pony tails is just gay.

christian cr*p ritual

Carl Edlund Anderson <cea at CARLAZ.COM> wrote: On 24/04/2007 13:46, SHLL (Scott Heller) wrote:
> Does it look like
> they have not put in the complete version of Brainstorm but not the Time
> we left, so we can buy this just one more time in the future??? The alt.
> version does not say that is is complete?

Yeah, that would be tedious.  We really ought to have _Space Ritual_ "as
it should be without the limitations of vinyl": _no_ shortened tracks
(why would we _not_ want to hear the full version of "Time We Left"!?),
flowing continuously, and of course at stupendous quality :)

Perhaps this is all just an artifact of EMI getting the back-catalogue
ready for digital distribution, selling MP3s cheap, CD quality for more,
and saving the highest price range for DTS and 24-bit files?  Moving
those files on line is still perhaps a little ways off for the mass
market -- and people much older than me are still wrestling with the
disappearance of vinyl!  Meanwhile, EMI will putting out physical discs
like these with a whole bunch of audio formats ... because they can, and
we'll buy 'em ;) :}

Cheers,
Carl

--