Repost: [Ken Alexander: Windsong/SRfL differences.]

Stephen Swann swann at PLUTONIA.COM
Sat Apr 28 13:23:11 EDT 2007

On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 11:40:07AM +0100, M Holmes wrote:

> > Yeah that would probably be why I like the Windsong disc better - it
> > has more oomph.
>
> The SRfL bootleg always reminds me of the Kinetic Playground one. The
> sound treatment seems very similar in that it cleans it up but also does
> a blanga extraction.

That's weird - a cassette tape you made me ages ago (my
recollection may be foggy, as I haven't even had my tapedeck
set up for about 5 years now), had a track from Kinetic
Playground and I thought I remember loving that track and
wishing I had the whole gig.  I don't recall it as being
absent the blanga factor, though you're obviously in a much
better position to comment on this subject than I am...  :)

Steve