BOC-L Digest - 27 Apr 2007 to 28 Apr 2007 (#2007-99)

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Sun Apr 29 13:57:10 EDT 2007

On 28 Apr 2007, at 18:44, Chris Owen wrote:
> You have to bare in mind that when a band has created so much
> classic spacerock as Hawkwind have, I think it gets increasingly
> difficult to come up with something which is both original and
> classic year after year. Everyone has a finite amount of creativity
> that they can add.
> Myself I would be pleased to have written and recorded even one
> album that was both original and classic, it is actually quite hard.

I won't deny it! :)  But, hey, I'm a fan and this is a discussion
list for fans, and we if only talk about how wonderful Hawkwind (or
BOC) are, then we'll get quite bored, quite quickly! :)

To borrow Richard Thompson's lament about the fans on the Richard
Thompson discussion list: "They're worse than real critics: they're
amateur critics!"

;)

Cheers,
Carl