Reefer Madness?

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Wed Aug 1 13:28:09 EDT 2007

vzenv14m writes:

> I always thought it would be interesting to be there for the take off of 1
> of the spaceships.  The thing that bothers me about that, though, is what it
> does to the Earth.

Ummm, unless we become a spacefaring race, the Earth is toast. We've
basically gotta move it out from the Sun at the rate of a meter every
millenium so that when the Sun goes all red giant, we're at the right
distance. We're not going to achieve that sitting on our asses at home.

It's really the ultimate in Green "Save The Earth!" type thinking...

FoFP