Here's one for Mike C...

Stephen Swann swann at PLUTONIA.COM
Fri Aug 3 09:21:16 EDT 2007

On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 08:19:36AM +0100, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
> On 03 Aug 2007, at 01:06, Stephen Swann wrote:
> >You know right after I thought to myself "Well, at least
> >*I'm* not a Kollektor", I realized that I'm about to
> >purchase Space Ritual for the 4th time.
>
> Ah, and don't you remember the good ol' days when we all thought
> (right here on this list), "Space Ritual will _never_ get released on
> CD!" ;)

Yes, I remember.  :)

That was also during the bad old days when Hawkwind was
almost impossible to find in this country.  (Like, any given
college town might have one record store that carried a
couple of LPs, but no major chain had them at all).  I mean,
you still can't find a very good selection of Hawkwind in
most CD stores, but the Internet pretty much made that a
moot point.

> Of course, as far as I know, Imaginos has only had one release on
> CD :/  And though I thought the CD sounded better than the vinyl (not
> that I've had many chance to listen to a vinyl copy!), the CD sound
> isn't _great_.  Where's my lovingly restored _Imaginos Reimagined_
> deluxe set!? :)  One for the Rhino Handmade people, perhaps :)

Apparently, what we have is the best version of Imaginos
that we're likely to get, because the problem is apparently
in the original master tapes.  The story I heard is that
instead of mixing Imaginos from work copies, Sandy worked
from the originals, and wore them out.

On the other hand, an expanded version with the whole story
and all the Mythos songs on it would be awesome.  (I
absolutely loved the version of Gil Blanco County that
Albert did for Imaginos.)

Steve