BOC: Here's one for Desdinova

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Fri Aug 3 09:31:33 EDT 2007

On 03/08/2007 14:21, Stephen Swann wrote:
> Apparently, what we have is the best version of Imaginos
> that we're likely to get, because the problem is apparently
> in the original master tapes.  The story I heard is that
> instead of mixing Imaginos from work copies, Sandy worked
> from the originals, and wore them out.

Mmm, yes, that story rings a bell.  I'm sure Albert's mentioned that
from time to time.

(And, so ,an argument in favor of digital recording, there! :)

> On the other hand, an expanded version with the whole story
> and all the Mythos songs on it would be awesome.  (I
> absolutely loved the version of Gil Blanco County that
> Albert did for Imaginos.)

That would be worth hearing :)  I do sometimes fear that, even in this
day and age of archival audio restoration and release, Imaginos is in
danger of remaining a true "lost classic"!

Strangely enough, I was over at someone's house here in Cambridge a few
weeks ago, and we'd plugged in the guitars and jammed for a while, and
whilst kicking back for a break I noticed a Long Days Night DVD and
discovered the one of the guys was well into BOC (and HW) and was, of
course, a big Imaginos fan.  Not being totally plugged into the whole
back story of its creation, and the continuing saga of BOC and so on, he
still holds out hope that it will be revived in some fashion by "BOC"
.... Well, that may not happen, but it _would_ be nice if it didn't just
slip into oblivion ....

Maybe someone should commission an "Imaginos tribute album"? :)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson