[Up-Tight] Space Ritual

Arin Komins akomins at UCHICAGO.EDU
Thu Aug 9 13:23:02 EDT 2007

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007, vzenv14m wrote:

:Subject: Re: [Up-Tight] Space Ritual
:
:I don't know if it's my screen reader, but I am not having any luck opening
:the attachment.
:
:Kaduflyer

Here is it inline:

A review of Hawkwind's Space Ritual: Collector's Edition:

"And aside from Sun Ra, few artists captured that sense of mind-warping,
my-God-it's-full-of-stars astronomical mysticism in their music like
Hawkwind. With their tendency towards extended jams full of disorienting
electronic drones and drummer Simon King's motorik rhythms, they had a
certain creative kinship with their Krautrock contemporaries. But their
racket could also be as unrelentingly punchy and violent as anything from
the Stooges' Fun House, especially considering guitarist Dave Brock's Ron
Asheton-esque affinity for blistering, wah-wah-drenched riffs and Nik
Turner's freeform sax outbursts, which were more Steve MacKay than John
Gilmore."

http://tinyurl.com/25mc9k

Thx,

Arin
Arin Komins			       	      akomins at uchicago.edu
Assistant Director - Solutions Architecture
University of Chicago/NSIT/RP&A			tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #428, Chicago, IL 60637	fax: (773)702-0559