HW: Mr. Dibs

Steve Bishop steve.bishop at DB.COM
Tue Aug 14 05:42:17 EDT 2007

Scott

Saw him at Hawkfest, he filled in pretty capably but not sure if he'll have
any artistic input. (doubtful I'd have to say). Without casting any aspersions
on Mr Dibs I'd have to say the only man to hold a candle to Allan's bass
playing in HW is Lemmy, and I for one sorely miss Allan's driving force.
Having said that, the band sounded pretty good, just not quite AS good - Mr
Dibs has been around HW a very long time so knows his stuff and could slot
straight in .............

Over to anyone else for input / contradiction ............

Bish

             "SHLL (Scott
             Heller)"
             <shll at HAGEDORN.DK>                                            To
             Sent by:                   BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
             BOC/Hawkwind                                                  cc
             Discussion List
             <BOC-L at LISTSERV.IS                                       Subject
             PNETINC.NET>               HW: Mr. Dibs

             14/08/2007 10:14

             Please respond to
                BOC/Hawkwind
              Discussion List
             <BOC-L at LISTSERV.IS
                PNETINC.NET>

Hej

It seems that Mr. Dibs (Spacehead fame), Allan's roadie for the past few
years, is the new bass player in Hawkwind. No official word but we never
get one about anything, really...

Anyway...I am curious what people think, if he is the real one for the
job or just filling in? Is he good enough, will he add something to the
band, bring something fresh in, make the band more creative, move in
another direction...or just take orders from the top???  I am curious..

scott

just ordered two copies of the new Brock-Calvert CD. sounds interesting.
Dave spoke about it in the interview I did with him in Bergen..

---

notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized
forbidden.

Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for additional
EU corporate and regulatory disclosures.