(OFF) Fear Of Shank Hall Planet, also Porcupine Tree

Tue Aug 14 11:27:02 EDT 2007

On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 04:06:53PM -0400, vzenv14m typed out:
> I was fortunate enough to catch PT's first U.S. appearance, when they played
> NY in around '95, or '96.  Unfortunately, it was 1 of those shows that ended
> around 10 o'clock so all the dancing fools could do their thing.  It was
> nice to be able to hang out with Steve, and other members before the show,
> unfortunately, they blew an amp, and it took some time getting another 1 set
> up, it was for the Sky Moves Sideways tour, that happens to be my favorite
> album.  I would have loved to have heard 9 Cats.

	That was the same sort of time I caught them first. First time
I quite liked, but the second gig I was hooked immediately, in the old
Boat Race in Cambridge (which was packed out--I was obviously late to
the party) with the full light show and a good long `Voyage 34'. They
were very good indeed, very tight but still with room to spread out and
take over the mind. It was a genuine happening and will always be one of
my most memorable gigs. I bought _Sky Moves Sideways_ and then had to
get a CD player to play it on, so you can tell I was impressed though I
think overall I will probably always love _Signify_ the best. They may
well be good now but they're never going to deliver that to my forebrain
again, that's the problem. Yours,
				  Jon (who is now only just over a
fortnight behind with his mail!)

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk