HW: Mr. Dibs

gary shindler bewlay68 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Aug 14 11:50:30 EDT 2007

How could Alan's playing not work: he uses Rickenbackers! Played by the best bassists: Chris Squire, Geddy Lee, Paul McCartney, Lemmy, etc.
Carl Edlund Anderson <cea at CARLAZ.COM> wrote:  On 14/08/2007 12:17, Ted Jackson wrote:
> Hey, didn't Ade Shaw play in Hawkwind for a
> while? I saw him in Bevis Frond, and from
> what I heard he stands pretty tall as a bassist.
> Easily as good a player as Lemmy...

I've seen Ade Shaw in the Frond as well, and would agree that he's a
great bass player. That said though, I think Ade _fits_ better in
something like Bevis Frond than he did in Hawkwind. Alan Davey's
playing really _fit_ Hawkwind. (Of course, Alan played in Hawkwind so
long, it would be strange if his playing hadn't fit!)

I can't say I've heard Mr. Dibs with HW, so I really can't judge fairly
one way or the other there. No doubt he knows the songs, though! :)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson