ICU/JT/NT content

Wed Aug 15 04:05:42 EDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 09:38:15AM -0500, mike coleman typed out:

	<snip>

> *unless I missed a CD press of Presidents, could somebody with pull get
> right on that????*

	Actually that was on Flickknife too, wasn't it? I never got the
deal worked out there but if one Flickknife release, among many others
not ICU, can come out on CD on Cherry Red why shouldn't another? I hope,
at least, because Trev or no Trev that's also a fine album and I live in
fear of wearing out my vinyl (bought from some kind soul on this list a
long time ago--but still looking for _Ersatz_ of course).

> *Did Steve ever get located???*

	I'm pretty sure he's still where he was but just minding his
own. I see the download tracks have now been taken off even
http://www.deadfred.co.uk and only the unconnected links remain. When I
last heard from him, and this was years ago now when ICU Mk, er, 5 I
suppose, were still gigging with him on board, the move to `Fred's' site
had been because Nik was planning CD-R re-releases of all the albums
and thought the free downloads would stop people wanting them. Now since
then we have three relatively fresh releases of ICU albums on CD, even
if one of them is _New Anatomy_ (is the Spectrum program still on the
CD? I want to know), and a CD copy of _Passout_ isn't so very hard to
find for the dedicated Kollector (i. e. I have one and I hardly go to
great lengths to get these things). So _Presidents Tapes_ is looking
rather lonely and given that people seem to be considering these Werkz
viable property that Steve must not give away, I guess it's in
*someone's* sights...

> *whatever happens, I MUST HAVE MY ESPANA/THE WRECKER included as bonus
> tracks on something, or I'm taking out the world, I've just about had all
> the entertainment I can stomach, and I've discovered that  I'm alone after
> all...figures*

	Why does it have to be yours, Mike? Steve's still got a stack of
mint 7" copies to give away, as I understand it, that's how I got mine
anyway, and I assume that he still has the masters too because he's like
that. But he would have to be *involved* by that same *someone*. And as
ever the problem with these deals seems to be people talking to each
other nicely, yours,
		     Jon

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk