Fwd: oh how cool-Hawkwind/Captain Beyond

Mike Coleman insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 3 09:34:26 EST 2007

*Good morning and good afternoon every one, depending on your
locale.....thought it might be worth a mention..(since CB was discussed here
years ago when the tribute CD came out) that I found YOUTUBE videos put up
just over a year ago, with color footage of this band from their classic
year, 1972, color footage from Switzerland.......I read all 100+ reviews and
every one a rave or positive......the footage is in 2 parts,  titled
Capatain Beyond Pt1, and Captain Beyond Pt2......in Pt 1, at just
approaching 4 mins if I remember right,  you can hear the guitar go into
"Dreaming".....then later in part 2,  I'd swear I'm hearing HW 1st LP
influence.....yes I am insane but I am having a private suspicion that this
band was heavily Hawkwind influenced......the drummer Bobby Caldwell is
indeed a sight to be seen, and looks to me like the American Simon
King/Richard Chadwick, right down to the hair.....*

OMG
never noticed before
"as the moon speaks to the sea" clearly has "you know you're only dreaming"
in it
has to be a direct influence
right??
also,  proud to think the drummer was from Johnny Winter and he sure does
sound awfully great to my un-drum-trained ear