NIK: Pyramid Power (was: (OFF) Huw/ Outside the Law LP)

mike coleman insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 7 09:45:10 EST 2007

*I said:*
> I had one on "The Cyberspace Conspiracy" (put into a DVD sleeve, liked it)
*FoFP:*
>Huh? There's a CD/DVD of The Cyberspace Conspiracy???
*oh sorry confusion- what I should have said was- I took a 'Live Legends"
DVD sleeve, to make an LP, and stored the DVD elsewhere....probably
something that only appealed to me....but the record matched the tracks
exactly and was the same show....the test-pressing had no cover or art*

Obscure Factoid : Someone was on the phone asking me for a "name for a
Hawkwind album".  I scanned my bookshelf and spotted Marilyn Fergusson's
"The Aquarian Conspiracy" and I'd been busy arguing on usenet that day,
as well as recently having finished one of William Gibson's trilogy.
Hence "The Cyberspace Conspiracy".
*that's a cool piece of info Mike, I always thought Ande had named it by
assumption....being Aquarian, I rather like the first title*
*disclaimer: I certainly would never have booted anything myself, and always
had a policy of "truth" where Dave Brock and Doug Smith were concerned since
I was selling items albeit on a tiny scale:*
*they KNOW what a collector I was, they KNEW I would have to buy anything,
but I actually stopped selling and sat on several boots when Doug made it
clear they didn't want that*
*Mike c, with too-little sleep, the nightmares.,,,,,ahhhhhhhh*

I had thought it was just going to be someone's compilation CD though, I
was somewhat surprised later to see the vinyl.

FoFP