Fw: Hawkwind Manchester Gig - from Margaret Tait

mark mark.von-bargen at O2.CO.UK
Sat Dec 15 17:50:21 EST 2007

Unfortunate that you chopped the original post where the word mischief
indicated my tone of post. However, behind the mischievous grin there is a
nagging doubt in my mind that the venue should not be allowed to sweep such
an incident under the carpet. They will probably have an insurance policy
that covers any losses that they would make from the cancellation and it
would be another example of corporate UK getting away with it while others
suffer the consequences.
As for health & safety going mad, if the venue had followed their duty of
care then they should have had somebody available to programme the fire
alarm system unless it was actually inoperable.

Mark
-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET] On
Behalf Of StevePXR5 at AOL.COM
Sent: 15 December 2007 21:25
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: Fw: Hawkwind Manchester Gig - from Margaret Tait

Agreed.
We don't want to lose venues that support and encourage live music.
No matter how pissed off we are about the fire alarm.
And we are.
It's health and safety gone mad. I'm sure one of the TOSH could have
soreted
it out last night, but the way things are you need a dedicated person to
replace a bog roll these days.
F'n crazy.

3 weeks agoa colleague of mine was shot at whilst driving home in his  car.
His wife was next to him and his daughter was in the back seat.

The bullet hit the metal between the front and back doors. Noone was
injured.
The cops said they couldn't do anything about it.

If the perpretrator had been doing 2000mph they would've caught him!

Sorry for rambling, but I'm in a rambling mood... and I'm pissed off...
like
the Sheep.
_http://www.blacksheep-themovie.com/_ (http://www.blacksheep-themovie.com/)

Steve.