True Virus Alert

Arjan Hulsebos arjanh at WOLFPACK.NL
Sun Dec 16 16:33:04 EST 2007

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 15:46:27 -0500, vzenv14m wrote
> Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 21:12:27 +0000
> I don't know if this is for real or not, in another email I read it
> was a hoax, just be aware.

I'd say 99% (if not 100%) a hoax. Viruses these days don't destroy boot
sectors anymore, they send out tons and tons of spam, or turn them into slaves
 to do some other master's bidding.

And by the time an email like this has hit your mailbox, the AV world has
updates for their products ready.

Nevertheless, please do keep your stuff up-to-date. It'll save you endless
hours of misery.

Gr,

Arjan H