Fw: Hawkwind Manchester Gig - from Margaret Tait

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Mon Dec 17 06:50:21 EST 2007

mark writes:

> As for health & safety going mad, if the venue had followed their duty of
> care then they should have had somebody available to programme the fire
> alarm system unless it was actually inoperable.

I wonder if the problem isn't the fuckwitted student tradition of
breaking the glass on a fire alarm point on the last day of term. It's
hard not to imagine that university authorities mightn't get a little
pissed off sending out folks to reset yet another fire alarm and
eventually throw up their hands and say "Fuck it. Just shut the Union.
Term finished at 13.00 anyway...".

A drinking buddy of mine is on the management committee of a union here
at Edinburgh University. I'll see if I can get some infor from him on
how things work between them and the university management. The union
building is run by the Students Association which is itself a private
company.

More when I get it.

FoFP

P.S: How to get even more pissed off. Some fuckwit in my very expensive
Manchester hotel smashed a fire alarm point at 3.30 am and we were all
decanted onto the street for half an hour when it was minus four.
Personall I'm in favour of catching these retards and extracting all
their organs for donation to the NHS so that something actually useful
can come out of their benighted lives.