Astoria last night

Dead Earnest deadearnest at BTINTERNET.COM
Tue Dec 25 20:05:38 EST 2007

That's why Dead Earnest signed Krel and Spacehead in the first place - the
future of space rock seemed to lie in their hands!!! Alongside Alisa Coral,
this certainly still has merits as a potential.
Andy G.
www.deadearnest.btinternet.co.uk
www.myspace.com/deadearnestdundee
www.myspace.com/mermaidrockpromotions
----- Original Message -----
From: "Guy Thomas" <guy-thomas at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET>
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 1:11 PM
Subject: Re: Astoria last night

Hi Steve,

Yup - great show last night! I was looking forward to Fable OAFR but had to
settle for lighthouse - never liked it that much in days of old, but Dave
did a
good job on vox.

Tim's work on the Theramin was brilliant - he's a real genius!

Dibs was a real surprise - vocals good - brillaint in the role of Bob
Calvert, bass
was on a par with Alan/Lemmy, with a real fat (non-Rickenbacker!!) sound.
The bass interlude on MOTU was great.

Wonder if Dibs get chance to get some of his own material into the set ever?
It's well known that I'm Krel Fan #1, and that Dibs work in Krel was IMO
better
than Spacehead (probably why he kept on playing Krel tracks in his Spacehead
days). The track Space Trip from the last Krel CD (recorded live on the 1992
Teepee tour, released in 2005) would be brilliant in a HW set.

I haven't seen the band for a couple of years, and I've just worked out what
was wrong - there was no dope smoke in the air! Our wonderful government
have made us all more terrified of general smoking indoors, than puffing on
the
weed - oh well!  Looking round, there seemed to be loads of geezers in short
hair (I even saw a couple of suits!) obviously fresh from the city! (Hi
Steve!).
and more general HW rockers of say 70s/80s era with very few grungers!
We've all grown up!

Guy