HW: RFM lowdown

Amphetamine Embalmer superskrull666 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Sun Dec 30 20:46:11 EST 2007

Well what can I say? I got all the RFM discs I ordered, and the ones I enjoyed the most were, in order:

1. Mr. Quimby's Beard - like a monster psychedelic mindjourney through Hawkwind and early Porcupine Tree, and synthdripping symfo-shroomy adventures (plus, this is not a CDR :))
2. MOAB - what can I say? Its a jamming supergroup. I liked Ron in Hawkwind from the get go, since I always concidered Hawkwind the originators of alot of punk (ask Johnny Rotten, and your granny)
3. Naked - fun fun fun, i Loved Nik's US industrial pirate version of Hawkwind, and this isnt as industrial but more in line with the real thing.
4. God And Man - Trevs solo album speaks to me, its worth it if you liked his own 1997 ICU incarnation, which I enjoyed immensely.
5. Red Shift - Harvey is missing like 8 front teeth and looks like an old wino, but the music is really trippy synth stuff. Too bad this is just a CDR version of the real Taste CD, which is what I thought I ordered. still worth it.

so thanks to mr. Judge Trev Thoms for making my christmas a happy one.
cheers!
Christian