BOC: Some Remastered Evening & spectres news.

Stephen Swann swann at PLUTONIA.COM
Wed Feb 21 08:43:24 EST 2007

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 08:51:24PM -0500, blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM wrote:
> So what does everyone think of the remasters? I really enjoyed the DVD with
> Some Enchanted Evening, even though the video and sound were not exactly
> HD quality. The concert itself was much better than the show on the Live
> 1976 video. I just wish I could've experiened the laser show in person.

I haven't had a chance to listen to SEE yet, but the
remaster of Spectres is a little bit of a disappointment to
me, since I was expecting something that sounded markedly
different than the original (most specifically, I think I
was expecting much more boost in the high end).  I think
what it shows is that the sound of the album that we're
familiar with must be inherent in master tapes, not laxity
in the original CD mastering.  I only owned the vinyl
briefly, since I was already almost exclusively buying CDs
by the time I got heavily into BOC, so I can't make any kind
of reasonable comparison there...

Al, was sound of Spectres deliberately kept dark/muted?

Steve