OFF: PINKFAIRIES [not] AT THE ROUNDHOUSE ON 22.1.07

Tue Jan 16 09:57:06 EST 2007

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 01:39:17PM -0000, Dave Bottomley typed out:
> FYI - this just in from the man himself:-

	Unfortunately, as people may have noticed,
http://www.pinkfairies.co.uk now says:

       The Pink Fairies are sad to announce that   |
|   |  due to circumstances so beyond our control  |
|   |  it`s not true, we won`t be able to make     |
|   |  the Roundhouse gig on Jan 22nd.             |
|   |                                              |
|   |  Larry has a trapped sciatic nerve, which    |
|   |  to the non-medically mined, is the longest  |
|   |  nerve in the body, travelling from the      |
|   |  lower back, down the length of the leg.     |
|   |  This is an incredibly painful and           |
|   |  debillitating condition, making all         |
|   |  movement impossible, without a lot of       |
|   |  screaming and shouting.     		   |
|   |						   |
|   |  We`ve tried everything, from the strongest  |
|   |  drugs possible, to Osteopathy,              |
|   |  Accupuncture, and Chinese Massage, and      |
|   |  short of sacrificing a goat and dancing in  |
|   |  the woods, we have run out of options.      |
|   |                                              |
|   |  So, we do hope, that with the indulgence    |
|   |  of our friends out there, and the           |
|   |  Roundhouse folks, we will be able to        |
|   |  re-schedule, and attempt to put on the      |
|   |  kind of show that our loyal and much-loved  |
|   |  fans deserve, as soon as health returns to  |
|   |  the Pinks camp.                             |
|   |                                              |
|   |  Once again, we are really sorry kiddies,    |
|   |  but whatcha gonna do?                       |
|   |                                              |
|   |  Your chums,                                 |
|   |                                              |
|   |  The Pinks                                   |

	I'd say they must be getting old, but the last person I saw this
happen too is my age... I suppose *I* must be getting old :-) Oh well,
let's hope it's not lasting. Yours,
				    Jon

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk