HW YULE RITUAL...Money Tree

Sun Jul 8 09:57:29 EDT 2007

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 11:55:48AM -0500, mike coleman typed out:

	<snip local colour>

> *it appears I do NOT, in fact, have MONEY TREE, as my copy simply lists the
> song..........so can you just tell me if all we have is a printing mis-press
> or if the later pressings have music I do not......*
> *also, WHERE IS Money Tree to be found??? well??? (foot tapping) hmmm???

	I think I may be able to answer this one too, if I understand
the question. `Money Tree' was some Ron-type words fitted to what we
otherwise know as `Spacebrock'; I saw it once on the 2001 spring tour
and it was, I thought, pretty excellent, but still the same song
underneath. When _Yule Ritual_ was recorded the words were still to be
added, and what the band *performed* was `Spacebrock', which you
presumably have on there or else you have a *real* special item. But, I
guess because it was already being performed under its new name by the
time that _Yule Ritual_ was actually released, it's there billed as
`Money Tree' and Ron's got a writing credit for it even though he
doesn't *sing* on the track. And I was there, he didn't, it's not just
that Dave has mixed him out vengefully. As far as I know there is no
official recording from the 2001 Spring tour, but that means very
little, because I wouldn't know if there were; if there be, though, it
hasn't been released. And very soon after that, of course, Ron became
persona non grata. So as far as I know `Money Tree' proper exists only
on bootlegs. Yours,
		    Jon

ObCD: Wool - _Box Set_ (`Now that Superman is dead, who will kick ass?')
--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk