HW: live material

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Wed Jul 11 07:01:58 EDT 2007

On 11/07/2007 11:30, M Holmes wrote:
> Scott Heller writes:
>> Any thoughts?? Any chance Dave would let someone transfer and archive
>> this stuff before it is truely lost for ever??
>
> I've spoken to him about this in the past. He's not agin a knowledgeable
> fan doing some cataloguing work. However he wasn't keen on the stuff
> leaving the premises.

But I think you'd need to get someone in there to do some basic catalog
and digitization in a relatively short space of time.  Then Dave would
perhaps allow the copies off-site for further work.  One presumes he's
worried about someone doing a runner and putting out loads of Yuri
Gargarin style releases, but without record label involvement (and more
importantly, funding) it would just be too expensive to have someone
take the time to sit in Dave's farm sorting through everything!

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson