HW: live material

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Thu Jul 12 20:33:58 EDT 2007

On 12 Jul 2007, at 14:32, Ian Abrahams wrote:
> To help conclude the debate though, I do understand that the
> converting/preserving as a project is more or less done

Ah!  Well, that would be good news.  Even if we don't hear it anytime
soon, at least it will have been conserved for the time being.  (As
the post from "Hawkwind", be that Kris or Dave or whoever, pointed
out, simply digitizing loads of old tapes is a lot of work.  Then
trying to clean it up is even _more_ work.  The way these things go,
the margins on revenue-to-effort are pretty low ....)

> and from anecdotal stuff I've picked up over the years (and I'm not
> saying this is gospel) the amount of material isn't as extensive or
> as era-spanning as people in this thread might think.

Probably not :)  But as _Von Ryan's Express_ so cogently observed,
"if even one escapes, it is a victory".  (Or words to that
effect .... :)

Cheers,
Carl

--