(OFF) Aural Innovations

gary shindler bewlay68 at YAHOO.COM
Sat Jul 14 12:45:54 EDT 2007

Makes you wonder how things would be if Calvert were still alive. Whose side would he be on?
Why watch the soaps when you can just follow the drama of Hawkwind?

Stephen Swann <swann at PLUTONIA.COM> wrote: On Sat, Jul 14, 2007 at 12:50:10PM +0100, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
> >Dave is Hawkwind personified.  Nik may say he's the spirit of
> >Hawkwind, and nobody can deny Nik has had a major place in the
> >Hawkwind family, but Dave has put all his energy into the band, so
> >I believe he has the right to determine what happens to Hawkwind
> >music.
>
> Dave is certainly the captain of the ship.  Lemmy is Mot?rhead, Iommi
> is Sabbath, Dave Brock is Hawkwind, etc., etc.  My experience with

Heh.  Years and years ago (certainly before I knew enough to
put any of this in context) I remember a list member
proposing that Calvert was the mind, Nik the spirit, and
Dave Brock the body of Hawkwind.  ;-)

I'm sure the two suriviving members of that triumvirate
would just love to hear that one...

Steve