HW: Space Ritual + DVD

Tue Jul 17 13:42:13 EDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 10:16:52AM +0100, Paul Mather typed out:
> If proficiency is your yardstick, surely the title goes to Ginger
> Baker, then?  I don't know about the obsession with robots having sex
> part, though.

	I suppose Baker is the better drummer, and he certainly has more
character--I recently got hold of the Masters of Reality album with him
on and am already in love with the song about tea forever--but that
character, unlike Richard's, doesn't seem to be one that anyone can
stomach for long in their band. Can I get away with arguing that
managing to remain part of a band qualifies as being a proficient
musician? :-) Yours,
		     Jon

ObCD: The Cramps - _Off the Bone_
--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk