HW: Hawkwind in August Record Collector

mike coleman insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jul 22 06:42:56 EDT 2007

in the last one, Jill S offered an RC magazine:
dear Jill
the fact that you would offer such a thing is just as good as if it arrived
today and is in my hand
I am trying my best to want as little as possible these
days...........although there is this new cig machine I want at $30, and I
have these extra bootlegs and a few rarities left in a
box.....hmmmmmmm..........maybe a trade with someone........
you already answered my main questions.....right after I sent that mail I
remembered you guys telling me about SM being used in a car commercial
figures there's a CD to that...gawd......to think we'll all be dead and that
plastic will outsurvive us.....I'm just so glad  my "sortof" OCD caused me
to turn a "scourge of the earth" CD single into a jewel version (tastefully
done and luvly, of course), otherwise I wouldn't have that at all.....
how many of you have the vinyl "Masters Of The Universe" LIBERTY reissue
with red coloured (is that correct British sp?) writing on the back cover???
if you don't then you're missing one (or ten thousand)
what I was really hoping for, is if you'd just speak up with interesting
things as you recall them, have time, etc......with attention to those
unknown things you mentioned, for people like me, still keen, maybe just not
as up-to-date
I have this thought.....I don't like digipaks because they are hard to store
and use, and can be dropped etc........I prefer jewel case versions, but the
booklets are not designed for collectors, especially if you ever want to let
friends look at and read the booklets
I say if they cannot be made more durable, less susceptible to bends creases
and the dread fingerprint grease, all CD's now must include 2
booklets...!!!!!!
I once got an original "Astounding" CD that came with 2 CD's.....it came in
handy
a friend got a "hawkfairies" CD with like a trillion booklets, so many, he
sent me about ten or 15!!!!!   weird
I'll "bow out" with a Coleman obscure factoid, although imperfect due to
aging and memory loss and material loss
the USA reissue of "In Search Of Space" (single cover issue), not only is
probably too rare to bother with much nowadays, as well as having been
pressed with different labels, people like me, or maybe just me, noticed
that on one of the pressings the needle comes to the end of the record side
as normal (forget which side, too lazy to look at a CD at moment to recall),
and another pressing is looped, so the music never stops until you've had
enough......
and with that, I remember you Jill, of course, and Mike.........about 2000,
I would guess
Irwin