HW: "Watching the Grass Grow" versions

Tue Jul 24 16:53:58 EDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 09:09:35AM +0100, Carl Edlund Anderson typed out:
> Yup, it would make sense that it's from _This is Hawkwind, Do Not
> Panic_, since I definitely have a CD of that (albeit in the US right
> now), and probably would have scooped a few tracks off it.  I just
> didn't remember the spoken intro that came before Nik's "We are the
> survivors ...", which made me wonder if it was a different source or
> something .... But I guess not!

	If I remember my trivia correctly the spoken intro is by Roy
Harper, and it's the same Stonehenge as `Stonehenge Decoded' but not the
same night and therefore not the same line-up becaue on the `Watching
the Grass Grow' night Huw was ill? I'm sure someone will correct me if
I'm wrong. Mind you my famous `in this order' file insists that Jenny
Chapman should have been singing with the Hawks at that point and I
can't hear her, mind you this might not be the best pair of numbers to
register a backing singer...

	Isn't it marvellous what too little sleep and too much caffeine
will do to a brain, yours,
			   Jon

ObEP: Known - `Grey Skies' EP (if you ever get the chance to see this
band do it without a second thought. If Hendrix had grown up in a London
slum listening to hip-hop, and his historical self as well...)
--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk