HW: Space Ritual Revisited

SHLL (Scott Heller) shll at HAGEDORN.DK
Fri Jul 27 02:40:29 EDT 2007

Hello

Ok.. I made a side by side comparison of a few tracks from the previous
EMI remaster and the new one done by different people at and at Abbey
Road studios. Both were done from the 1/4 stereo mix down tape from what
I understand. Anyway, the new one wins for sure.. If you listen to 7 by
7 the clarity of the sound is improved, the bass is less muddy. Brocks
guitar is really clear... Quite impressive sound.

I listened to the new full length version of Brainstorm.. Totally spaced
out... What an amazing wall of sound king, kilmister and brock
produced... Nik and all the electronics are really buried deep in the
sound so you almost don't notice them unless you really listen... Dave
plays such a killer dirty, spacey wah guitar.. Mindblowing stuff. The
extra version of You shouldn't do That is really cool but the mix you
can tell is different from the rest of the record. They did a great job
of leaving the ending after welcome to the future and you hear the band
come back on for YOU shoudn't do That. Talk about a football match and
at the end wish eveyone a merry christmas.. Pretty impressive..

I had never seen the full Silver Machine and Urban Guerilla videos. The
sound and visuals are great..

I should say that when you play the DVD audio you do get visuals on the
TV but they are pretty lame and on brainstorm for instance it is the
same 1 min sequence repeated over and over and over.. Sound is amazing
but the 5.1 you hardly notice. Sometimes you hear a dramatic shift in
the sound but not much was done.

Over and out... This is your captain speaking , and your captain says go
spend more money on Hawkwind....

Scott