HW: Hawkfest Bands

Sat Jun 2 04:45:19 EDT 2007

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 02:43:08PM +0100, M Holmes typed out:
> Carl Edlund Anderson writes:
> > The Quantum Technicians of Spaceship Hawkwind.  You can know where they
> > are, or how fast they're moving, but not both!
>
> Are they Quantum Mechanics then?

	Somewhere I hope my partner still has a cartoon that used to
hang on her fridge entitled `Quantum Mechanics'. It had a large box
marked `Atom Smasher', with an `Out of Order' sign hung on it, and on
one side a thin balding type in glasses and a labcoat, and on the the
other two workmen with overalls and toolbox, and the captions read:

"Well, I dunno Prof, could be yer particles, could be yer waveform..."
"... we won't know till we 'ave a look."

	This has caused susceptible physicists to be incapable of speech
for some minutes, I tell you. Yours,
				     Jon

ObCD: Blur - _Blur_ (and why not, eh?)
--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk