OFF: Re: test

David Kuznick dkuznick at ALUMNI.BRANDEIS.EDU
Wed Jun 6 16:29:53 EDT 2007

Quoting Guido Vacano <nycademon at SPIRALREALM.COM>:

> I've seen Porcupine Tree twice, but not ProjeKct Six. How was it?

Mixed.  On the one hand it was great to hear Robert "shred" after seeing him do
Soundscapes a number of times recently (I actually worked a Soundscapes show
for him as a Four Quarter Maintainer/personal security; check the credits of
Love Cannot Bear :-), plus hearing him use some of the classic "Frippertronics"
soloing tone was a nice surprise too.  Adrian's contributions I found to be a
mixed bag.  On many of the pieces he had this annoying repetitive bass sequence
being triggered by each drum hit that quickly grew tiresome; I think it would
have worked better with just drums and guitar.  But after all, it was mostly
improvised and they were experimenting.  I think it was the weakest of all the
Projekts, but there were still some great moments.  You can get some teasers
here:

http://www.dgmlive.com/archive.htm?artist=23&show=1111

"Time Grove in Boston" shows what I'm talking about with the bass thing.  I
think the pieces without it are much better.

--
David Kuznick   dkuznickATalumni.brandeis.edu
"Once I thought I saw you in a crowded hazy bar, dancing on the light