OFF: Fear of a Blank Planet

Steve Freight stevefreight at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 6 17:23:35 EDT 2007

For me Porcupine Tree lost it a few years ago.

The last fully rounded album they did was Stupid Dream. Each album since has
had at least one track that I would call real Tree but Fear Of A Blank
Planet has left me cold.

I'm pleased Steven Wilson and co have finally found acceptance but for me
they lost the roots of what the band was originally about. Perhaps they
progressed too far for the original fans. Those that saw them at Brixton
with Hawkwind saw the real Tree for me.

Steve (former Porcupine Tree fanzine Voyage 35 producer)