OFF: Fear of a Blank Planet

mike coleman insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 6 18:17:24 EDT 2007

On 6/6/07, Steve Freight <stevefreight at gmail.com> wrote:

> >>For me Porcupine Tree lost it a few years ago.
>
> >>The last fully rounded album they did was Stupid Dream
> *I totally agree.....I seem to remember reading reviews about Stupid Dream
> five years ago (almost)?? being too commercial, etc...in fact I _THINK_ it
> was Jon Jarrett (which is a tribute of sorts to you , Jon,  if correct, that
> I remember)  but for me, I think Stupid Dream is my favorite*

*  I tend to be very forgiving of artists, especially of Steven's caliber,
because he is so great it is just mindblowing, and if he never did another
thing I'd never forget*
* I was just so happy for him to see he made the major label........(they
made)*
*Good god am I glad I still have all my original PT CD's.......it looks to
me like he's not only razor-clever with the music but with the marketing as
well.......it looks downright DANGEROUS to collect them.....you'd need to
buy each album in about 6 different versions right???*
*I have only played the new one about 3 times and indeed it may still impact
me, not concerned though....I'll pick up anything by those geniuses so long
as I can afford*
*it still ain't (isn't, don't know whats with me and the "aints"
today) Hawkwind though!!!!!  *
*Is the Radioactive Toy promo CD single one of the collecters bombs???  I
had 2, but at least "F*ckhead"  Eric Johnson (who _is_ lucky I have not
removed his limbs, I'm still debating) left me one*
*did the mystery of the name Porcupine Tree ever get "solved"???*
*mc*