OFF: Fear of a Blank Planet

Steve Freight stevefreight at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 7 12:40:57 EDT 2007

I agree with you Tim, I'm not after retreads and do get heartily sick of
bands that do this. What I am saying is that the CORE of what Porcupine
Tree were has changed and this is what has alienated me. The direction they
are now following is one that I personally don't like.

They do try to put at least one track on each album that appeals to the
original fans such as Arriving Somewhere on the last album, but the general
direction is away from what, imo, made them tick.

Hawkwind have evolved and not lost that core as far as I am concerned,but
from posts about TMTYL and TMTYF it appears that they have to some on this
list, and perhaps this is why there have been these negative vibes recently.

Steve