HW: Hawkwind ...CAUTION

Thu Jun 7 18:34:29 EDT 2007

On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 03:08:21PM -0500, mike coleman typed out:
> *I just checked, and after all these nearly 5 years my copy of Hawkwind
> CAUTION is still on back-order*
> *I think I am losing patience*
> *would somebody sell a CDR????*

	If I but had one to sell. I never heard of anyone but Paul Ward
with a real copy, and he seems to be lost to the 'net, like so many
others.

	Back-order is a bit of a joke sometimes. The trouble is that the
people who sell the stuff you really want, can't afford to employ people
who can do the job well.

> *also, I must tread carefully and word myself with, erm, caution here but I
> must ask*
> *W(why)TF is Hawkwind on a Blue Oyster Cult forum????*
> *the only connection I can see, is that God was wearing a BOC T-Shirt on an
> LP cover*

	I believe we have a canonical answer to this, as with many other
things, which is `blame Steve Swann' :-)

> *now don't get me wrong, I actually felt "safe" with BOC people posting
> recently, and don't mind at all since I have forgiven them for appearing in
> Dallas in 1979 when I was an excited little 14 year old, WITHOUT LASERS!!!!

	The remaster of _Some Enchanted Evening_ includes a quote from
Buck saying that they hadn't realised how much they'd lost track of the
audience till they got rid of the lasers and could *see* that there
*was* an audience again. So maybe you got a better show? But I got to
admit, SEE doesn't make it sound easy...

> *if BOC played with Hawkwind, they would have to run away screaming in holy
> terror for their destroyed (collective ego)(best I can muster at moment.)*

	I think BOC would look a bit tame but HW have definitely been
more startling than they currently are, so maybe not. The difference
would have been a lot sharper in 2001-2003. But HW have always been less
of their time than BOC, and I think that's a lot to do with the
difference.

> *I would MUCH prefer to see Hawkwind and Venom connected on a forum*
> *not to mention doing dates together in this brave new world here where a
> lifetime has begun*
> *just my extremely valuable 2 sense*

	I have never quite got on with Venom, but then I am by nature
not that metal. And what metal I like tends to be a long way from the
centre; Keelhaul, Dillinger Escape Plan, unpredictable stuff. Yours,
								     Jon

ObCD: Iron Butterfly - _Inna Gadda da Vida_ (so, OK, what's supposed to
be good about this, exactly?)
--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk