Ozrics History (Was Re: test)

Edmund Clout e_clout at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 8 11:57:07 EDT 2007

Mike Coleman wrote:
>so whats with them anyway? all the members left and Ed's got his wife in
>now????

I've just checked on Wiki, and the 'original core' of Ozrics lasted 10 years
from '83 to '94 (Joie, Ed, and Merv) when Joie and Merv left fully to do Eat
Static full time. They'd been doing both for a while, two for the price of
one! That means Arboresence is the last album with the original core, in
fact I think only the bass player had changed prior to that, Gavin to Roly
to Mia roughly. Incidentally, the discography says Pungent Effulgent was
released before Erpland, but I distinctly recall that in the UK at least
Erpland was released first, even though P.E. was recorded first. I'm sure
there are mistakes and I'll probably be corrected. I got the limited edition
Jurrasic Shift in the Hemp paper cover on the day of release from Andy's
records in Cambridge, do I get Kollector points for that?

Look forward to meeting new people at Hawkfest next week. I'm giddy with
excitement, a wedding AND Lemmy too! To recap, I'm the blond guy with specs
on his own at the back! ;-)

Edmund